Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ZoneAlarm Vs. google and youtube

• Please log in to reply

bigdog1100

bigdog1100

• PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
Hello. Before I will contact Zone Labs' customer service, I decided to ask here, in case someone knows or had experience with this phenomenon.

Over the weekend I have uninstalled my Norton Internet Security Suite (Including Norton Anti-virus) 2006 leaving only Norton System Works Premier 2006. Instead, I installed Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite and NOD32 Trials, which I will upgrade to paid versions at the expiration. OK, here's my question.

When I go to gmail, and someone sends me a message from youtube, if I click on the link of their name in the gmail message body, I am not being redirected to youtube. What I have to do is either open new tab in the browser or new browser. Also, when I try to play a video in youtube, more often than not, I end up at the end of video before it starts playing (regardless of whether video fully loaded or not.) This happens both in Firefox and Internet Explorer 7. Here's interesting thing, when I shut down ZoneAlarm, and restart browser, everything works perfectly. I was trying to reduce and turn off pop-up blocking and cookie blocking. It did not help. I was trying to place both web-sites on "allowed" list in ZoneAlarm, it did not help either. Can someone suggest anything, or knows what to do? Please advise. Thank you. :whistling:

Advertisements