Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

interference on radio's

• Please log in to reply

rastlin01

rastlin01

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi guys

a frend gave me a computer to look at when ever it's on it makes all the radios in the house emit a high pitch squeel until it shuts down, i thought he was crazy until i got it home sure enough would it be the power supply??

any suggestions would be appriciated

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
....every radio in the house? no matter how close it is to the computer? or what chanel the radio is on? i'd lean towards demonic possession...but...somewhow there could be a motor inside of the computer that's gone screwy (like the PSU fan)...but i've never heard of such a thing causing radio interferance...

rastlin01

rastlin01

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
i tried un plugging everything one by one fans, cd drives and even the hdd.....if i take my small wind up radio and move it around it seems to get louder around the power supply

weird eh

to make matters worse this is not the first computer to do this in there house both are MDG's and do the same thing, the genaric one there using now is fine no probs at all

Edited by rastlin01, 18 December 2006 - 01:42 PM.