Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

xpsp2res.dll

• Please log in to reply

cscoury

cscoury

• Pip
  • 1 posts
when booting up the computer i am getting a screen showing 000a00n0c c:\windows\system32\mui\040c\xpsp2res.dll asking you to click OK ... once windows comes up all the icons and programs will not work. says they cant find the program link. only explorer, my computer and a few other system files work. anyone have any ideas what is happening?????

Advertisements

AMD 2400

AMD 2400

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
Sounds like a virus or somthing to me. If you can open a antivirus program do a scan on your computer.
Can you open programs and things without clicking on ok?
Like just leave the box there and run an antivirus.
Thats about all I can think of
Or you can go to start, run, type in msconfig, and press enter.
then go to the startup tab and look for that program and uncheck it if its there. Then press apply and ok. Restart your computer when prompted if it was there and then hopefully it wont popup when it restarts then you can work on removing it.