Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

The best gaming LCD...

• Please log in to reply

UV_Power

UV_Power

• PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
Is it still true that the best gaming monitor's are still CRT or are there flat panel monitors out there that will measure up to CRT regarding gaming?

The best response time I've seen is 2ms on the Viewsonic VX922, but I have heard it still is not as good as a standard CRT monitor.

Basically my question is: What is the best gaming flat panel monitor and would it be worth the replacement?

Just wondering...

Advertisements

UV_Power

UV_Power

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
anyone?

Serrik

Serrik

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
I play over at my buddies house a lot on his Acer 19 inch, it has a 2ms response time.

Honestly, I can't see any kind of performance difference and computers are about identically built.

The only real difference is he is stuck playing prey at 1280 x 1024 and I can come home and play at 1600 x 1200 if I wish. (But I don't because performance suffers heh)

The only reason I haven't bought one myself is because I have an old, but high end 19 inch monitor that just keeps on working. I don't care that its not flat and cool. But I admit, the new LCDs are very cool and easy on the eyes when just using windows.

UV_Power

UV_Power

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
Cool. Thanks.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Anything over 12ms delay for gaming will be horrible. You will see ghosting on the screen and things will just not look right. My 17" 8ms delay Samsung 713N works great for me, but my friends 19" with 25ms delay is absolutely horrible for gaming.

Fenor

Edited by Fenor, 23 December 2006 - 06:20 AM.