Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Possible to convert a Floppy connector to P9?

• Please log in to reply

limeman

limeman

• PipPip
  • 70 posts
Had to replace a 12 year old Power supply today. The only match I find to the model number on my PS is a refurbished one for $180. The PC is not even worth that. But I do have another PS that will fit the case, it is from Raidmax RX-380k. The only problem is that I can not find a PS that has a P9 connector to attach to the motherboard to control the PS fan. It is a 3 prong connector on the MB. I have two 4 prong floppy connectors and only need one. Can I use the floppy connector?

What is happening is that after the PC shuts down, the fan stays running and the monitor says " It is now safe to shut down your PC".

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
The important thing here is voltage. What voltage do the floppy connectors on the PSU give out, and what voltage does the fan need?
If you push too many volts to the fan than it was designed for you will burn it out.