Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

trouble with bios

• Please log in to reply

iamsam

iamsam

• Pip
  • 3 posts
i am not quite sure if this is where this topic should reside, it looked like the most appropriate place, anyway i just installed a 256mb ram stick on an old sony vaio desktop, after i had installed it i started it up and got an error from the bios:
Award Medallion BIOS v6.0
Copyright (C) 1984-2001, Award Software, Inc.

ACPI BIOS Revision 1005

Award Plug and Play BIOS Extension v1.0A
Initialize Plug and Play Cards...
PNP Init Completed

Detecting Primary Master ...ST360020A
Detecting Primary Slave ... None
Detecting Secondary Master ...Pioneer dvd-rw dvr-103
Detecting Secondary Slave ...Asus cd-s400/A

hardware monitor found an error. enter power setup menu for details

press f1 continue, f2 to enter setup
06/20/2002-I845 -p4b-lx

so i went into setup and went to the power tab, power has two options a.power up control and b.hardware monitor, so i went into hardware monitor and this is temptures(mb=95.5F, cpu=103F....too hot?), cpu fan speed(4560rpm), power fan speed(n/a), and voltage (vcore = 1.7V, +3.3V =3.3V, +5V = 5.1V, +12V = 11.7V, -12V = -12.1V) and the only option on all these things(temp., volt., etc.) are either hide it or monitor it, so i went to b.power up control, and the options there were: ac power loss restart(disabled), pwr up on modem act(disabled), and wake on lan(disabled), and after seeing that there was nothing i knew how to do to fix it i just hit f1 and booted in2 windowsxp and everything was fine, i would really like to get this error taken off though so if anyone knows whats wrong please help me

Advertisements

achilles becqx

achilles becqx

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
did u try reseting the bios to the defaults...

iamsam

iamsam

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
i reset the settings back to default from the bios and that did not work

achilles becqx

achilles becqx

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
can u pls give me ur computer configuration, i.e. motherboard model, ram type, bus speed, processor type

iamsam

iamsam

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
not sure on the mobo or bus speed, but its a P4 1.4ghz and the ram is now 512mb(2x256mb) pc133 sdram