Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Trojan? Please help

• Please log in to reply

stant830

stant830

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
My computer has a mind of its own! I run a spyware protection from aol and it can never finish, but it always finds one item and it is trojan.exe. I tell it to remove it and it says it does, but it always appears. I also am not able to do any type of google search that has the word trojan in it. If i do it comes up with the search results and shuts down the browser immediately. I also am not able to search the files on my computer. I do a start - search and a window comes up but there are no prompts for me to enter in any information to search for. It is like the trojan won't let me find it. Please help. Is there any way I can delete this trojan? :whistling:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Please follow the procedures outlined here: Malware Removal Guide

You will need a PC which can connect to the internet

Run all the programmes as advised then post a current Hijack This Log in a new topic in the Malware Forum

For the purpose of accurate malware analysis, Hijack This Logs are only dealt with in the Malware Forum. Posting them anywhere else will result in a delayed response

If you are unable to run any of the programmes, please ask for advice in the Malware Forum

stant830

stant830

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Thanks for all the info. I tried all of the steps and it would not let me do a single one. Whenever I click on anything to try to download it my computer doesnt respond and doesn't download it. The only thing on the list I was able to do was the first item that just deletes the cookies and temp. folders. Any suggestions??

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
if you cannot download directly onto the computer, use another computer and transfer the program to install with either USB key of burn to cd, sometimes there is no other way