Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

LINKSYS ROUTER SHUT DOWN

• Please log in to reply

DEACON

DEACON

• Pip
  • 1 posts
HI NEED HELP SEEMS LINKSYS DOES NOT FEEL MY ISSUE IS WITH THEM NOR DOES COMCAST

MY LINKSYS ROUTER BEFW11S4 Firmware Version: 1.50.14 REINSTALLED TWICES opps sorry for caps

i will be on line wityh the guys shooting and in any where from 1 min to 3 hours ill loose the internet and can not asses the router i have to reboot router to get on line

need your help in fixing this please

Advertisements

logan312

logan312

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
Remove your router from the picture. Only use the comcast equipment. If you no longer have the issue, than you KNOW the issue is with the linksys, and can deal with them appropriately.

Personally i would tend to agree with your ISP, it is common for routers to freeze. Also check linksys' website for a firmware upgrade, or maybe even reinstall the firmware.

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
try hooking it up cold to the modem as logan312 said, but if not, try without the internet and see if you can accsess other computers or printers on the router- lot of times intternet problems and connections can cause ur router to freeze, firmware i dont think would cause ur router to freeze and it could be a phyiscal component inside the router