Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Over Heating?

• Please log in to reply

Snippy

Snippy

• PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
Hello

I think my graphics card is over heating.It's at 60C when i'm not playing any games but when I go in games it goes up to 80C.Is that good or should I be worried?

Edited by Snippy, 19 December 2006 - 05:20 PM.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
It's time to find out why its that high of a temp. These cards are known for their loud and poor cooling fan systems. You might look here for a replacement fan assembly.

http://www.newegg.co...mp;N=2010110576

SRX660

Snippy

Snippy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
Ok i'll check that out. Oh and whats the normal temperature
for a X1900XTX?

Snippy

Snippy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
Which fan would be the best? And it can't be a big one cause my tower is small and can't hold much.

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Since i do not know your system you will have to do your own leg work to find out what fits. You can take a ruler and take measurements to find what will fit in the space you have. You can then go to the webpage and see what the measurements are in all the fans there to see which one will fit. If a ruler does not fit take a piece of stiff wire and bend it to fit then measure the wire.

Heres a inches to mm conversion calculator.

http://www.worldwide....com/metcal.htm

SRX660