Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

can't activate power schemes

• Please log in to reply

bwigs

bwigs

• Pip
  • 3 posts
hi everyone--------this site is great!!! i can't change my power schemes in my power options........usually where it says 'home office/ laptop..etc' its blank---it originally set my monitor to shut off after 10 minutes, i recently got a 3d fireplace screensaver & wanted to change the monitor shutoff to 1 hour, but to my dismay i can't change or do anything in the power schemes....huh, any ideas??? someone at work told me to change users...but to transfer all my files over is not worth it i'm thinking.......help

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi bwigs...

Click Start, then Run, type cmd and click "Ok".

In the Command Session window, type powercfg /RestoreDefaultPolicies and press "Enter".

Type exit and press "Enter" to close the command session.

Log off (Start > Log Off) and then back on to Windows.

Try your power schemes.

wannabe1

ronport

ronport

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi,

I don't know what brand you have but I've got Toshiba and I must go to Toshiba power settings to make this change.

Ron