Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

everything opens with paint

• Please log in to reply

handyjay

handyjay

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

:whistling:

Just out of curiosity, try Windows Update. Use the "Custom" option and check for hardware updates after it scans your machine. Does it show any available?

i run the custom option on windows update and the only thing available was the windows genuine advantage validation tool (KB892130) no sign of any hardware updates?? :blink:

Advertisements

handyjay

handyjay

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

:blink:

Just out of curiosity, try Windows Update. Use the "Custom" option and check for hardware updates after it scans your machine. Does it show any available?

i run the custom option on windows update and the only thing available was the windows genuine advantage validation tool (KB892130) no sign of any hardware updates?? :help:

i still cant get my digital camera/webcam working... when i plug it in and download the software it says there was a problem and the class installer denied the request...... would this be down to the yellow question mark over the ethernet controller in device manager??? :whistling:

handyjay

handyjay

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

:blink:

i run the custom option on windows update and the only thing available was the windows genuine advantage validation tool (KB892130) no sign of any hardware updates?? :help:

i still cant get my digital camera/webcam working... when i plug it in and download the software it says there was a problem and the class installer denied the request...... would this be down to the yellow question mark over the ethernet controller in device manager??? :whistling:

HELLO....YOU STILL THERE?? :)

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Ooops...you must have replied during our server switch...I wasn't aware you had replied. Sorry.... :whistling:

The error you are getting can point to a lot of things. Let's see if we can find what's causing it.

Try disabling the Windows Image Acquisition service. Click Start, then Run, type services.msc and click "Ok". Locate the Windows Image Acquisition Service in the list that appears and double click on it. Change the Startup Type to "Manual" and then click on the "Stop" button. Apply the changes and reboot.

Try the install again.

handyjay

handyjay

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Ooops...you must have replied during our server switch...I wasn't aware you had replied. Sorry.... :blink:

The error you are getting can point to a lot of things. Let's see if we can find what's causing it.

Try disabling the Windows Image Acquisition service. Click Start, then Run, type services.msc and click "Ok". Locate the Windows Image Acquisition Service in the list that appears and double click on it. Change the Startup Type to "Manual" and then click on the "Stop" button. Apply the changes and reboot.

Try the install again.

done that but i still get the class installer denies request sign appearing.... :whistling:

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Ok...

Open Device Manager, expand "Universal Serial Bus Controllers", then right click on each USB hub (both Generic and Root), and choose uninstall. Disconnect any usb devices you have connected and reboot. Windows should reinstall the hubs when it starts up.

Try to install the software for the camera before you connect the camera. Then connect the camera and see if Windows will install the drivers automatically.

handyjay

handyjay

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Ok...

Open Device Manager, expand "Universal Serial Bus Controllers", then right click on each USB hub (both Generic and Root), and choose uninstall. Disconnect any usb devices you have connected and reboot. Windows should reinstall the hubs when it starts up.

Try to install the software for the camera before you connect the camera. Then connect the camera and see if Windows will install the drivers automatically.

thats worked...lovely....i still seem to have a yellow question mark over my ethernet connection on device manager though....any ideas???

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
One down...one to go. :whistling:

Can you attach me a screen shot of Device Manager with the network category expanded so it shows the offending device?

handyjay

handyjay

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

One down...one to go. :whistling:

Can you attach me a screen shot of Device Manager with the network category expanded so it shows the offending device?

it wont let me copy and paste the device manager screen.on the network adaptors,when expanded it says realtek RTL8139/810x family fast ethernet NIC but the yellow question mark is on "other devices" which when its expanded shows ethernet controller does this help??

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Download WinSnap, use it to get a screencapture of Device Manager. Save the image to your desktop then attach it to a post here using the "Browse" and "Add this attachment" buttons below the reply box. Once you have uploaded the attachment, you can click on the link in the box next to it to "Add into reply".

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Download WinSnap, use it to get a screencapture of Device Manager. Save the image to your desktop then attach it to a post here using the "Browse" and "Add this attachment" buttons below the reply box. Once you have uploaded the attachment, you can click on the link in the box next to it to "Add into reply".

handyjay

handyjay

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
sshot_4.png

i hope this has worked.... :whistling:

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Give These Drivers a try.

handyjay

handyjay

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Give These Drivers a try.

dowloaded drivers and rebooted but that [bleep] yellow questionmark is still there!!!!! :whistling:

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
This is insane!

What does Everest say your motherboard is?