Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

PC vs PS2

• Please log in to reply

special-one

special-one

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
Dear experts,

I want to know that "Which PC is equivalent to PS2 for performance and graphics ?"

I have
P-IV 2.66 Ghz
D865GBF motherboard without PCI Express slots
512 mb ddr ram
80 gb hdd
dvd rom
nvidia 64mb geforce 4 mx agp 8x card

now i m bit confused that ... should i purhase PS2 or replace my graphic card with Nvidia FX 5500 GeForce 256 mb (which is in my range) for gaming? what option will be better and cheaper for me ?

one more thing i want to know .. that .. does 3d Graphic card only effect and increase performance in games or do they also greatly improves videos and movies ?

Please help me out

Regards

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
This more depends on the games you like, if you play FPS and strategy you don have much choice you are going to have to go for the PC, if you are into sport games and beat em ups, racing games probably the PS2 is the safer bet although i wouldn't buy a PS2 as you wont get new games for it now its been replaced.

To me neither is a particularly appetising option i wouldn't bother with either save the cash and get a whole new system when i could afford it as a better system wouldn't cost all that much.

Fox3inbound

Fox3inbound

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
I agree. Save your money and either build a PC or buy a PS3. My opinion is that the PS2 would be a waste of money. Also, I shop for my PC products at Newegg because they offer helpful customer reviews. Geekstogo was also VERY helpful when it came to buying all of the components for my first build.. which was a success the first time I powered it up... and every time after that.

Look at this review for the card you want

special-one

special-one

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
Thanks pals, that helps me alot

HPDV8315LOVER

HPDV8315LOVER

• PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Dear experts,

I want to know that "Which PC is equivalent to PS2 for performance and graphics ?"

I have
P-IV 2.66 Ghz
D865GBF motherboard without PCI Express slots
512 mb ddr ram
80 gb hdd
dvd rom
nvidia 64mb geforce 4 mx agp 8x card

now i m bit confused that ... should i purhase PS2 or replace my graphic card with Nvidia FX 5500 GeForce 256 mb (which is in my range) for gaming? what option will be better and cheaper for me ?

one more thing i want to know .. that .. does 3d Graphic card only effect and increase performance in games or do they also greatly improves videos and movies ?

Please help me out

Regards

Dont get the Geforce FX5500. Just save your money for the BFG Tech NVIDIA GeForce 7600GS. It cost about same as the ps2.

special-one

special-one

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
GEEK U FRESHMEN: Dont get the Geforce FX5500. Just save your money for the BFG Tech NVIDIA GeForce 7600GS. It cost about same as the ps2.

For this purpose .. i have to entirely rebuild my computer .. which will cost me much more ... as my PC doesn't support PCI express slots.

Fox3inbound

Fox3inbound

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
If you want a PCI-E card maybe you should look into upgrading your motherboard and possibly other hardware.. If you post your hardware information here, I'm sure someone will help you figure out what would be best to get...

special-one

special-one

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
Thanks everyone .. i have purchased FX 5500 .. as i am not a big gamer .. so it is working good for me :whistling:

mabu2812

mabu2812

• Pip
  • 1 posts
do any one know how to burn ps3 game and is it easy and with waht dick
should i burn with and is imgburn can burn ps3 games and will the copy game damge my ps3

I know it a lot of questions but would someone help