Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

PC keeps stalling.

• Please log in to reply

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
did you run chkdsk..it can fix minor problems...

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Your problem can easily be the result of a corrupted operating system. It is very possible that the hardware is not damaged at all. Since you plan to overhaul your computer, a process which requires refomating and reinstallation of everything (don't tempt to do a windows repair. Go for the whole process) I ask myself why not try reormating now, before you spend the money. If this doesn't solve the problems then go for the overhaul. You only have to format the disk (backup before) and indsall hardware drivers to find where the prolem is.

Confliction_

Confliction_

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi guys, new here /Wave. Ive been experiencing some similar problems, at first i thought it might be some returning pest (seeming im on cable and have no router ect). Ima gamer, so my thoughts came about when i would run a game like WoW and my comp would be fine- then i run a lower game like Flyff another mmporpg and it shuts down.

I didnt read the whole thread, because this issue is a tad different, yet i did take the liberty of downloading the speed fan program. Im not sure why i have some flames on it- but i figure its overheating- which is confusing seeming ive just replaced the fan not long ago.

I have had many programs including; trojan removers/registry cleaners/firewall and the rest.

First things first..the picture.Posted Image

It couldnt be my video card, seeming it works fine with World of warcraft.
Looking at the heat lvl's - if its bad; that could be a slight problem, but once again..it would be hotter if i was running WoW
Not some Cheap mmporpg

Edited by Confliction_, 05 January 2007 - 06:47 AM.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
to Confliction_
you will have to start your own thread...its just to confusing to try to help multiple people in one thread...

BTW...you have heat issues...

Edited by happyrck, 05 January 2007 - 09:12 AM.

Confliction_

Confliction_

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Lol. Im such a noob; and i panic too much without seeking.
Thanks rick, i talked to a very helpful admin that led me in the right direction, or more or less pointed me to my blind spot =P

And yeah, heat issues =\

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
its rock...not rick...post a new topic and we can help you...