Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't Run Adobe Acrobat Pro 8 installer

• Please log in to reply

leingod

leingod

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
Hi peoples!
I have a problem that I can't seem to find the answer for. I download the Adobe Acrobat Profession 8 trial installer directly from the www.adobe.com website, but can't seem to get the installer running.
The installer flashes, then automatically closes by itself. Anyone have any ideas?
I tried restarting, and installing Acrobat Reader 8 (which worked fine), then restarting again but no avail. I have never used Adobe Acrobat Professional before, if you wanted to know.

Any help is very much appreicated. If I can't get the installer running its a watse of 250MB...

I'm running it on a:
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
1.70 Ghz CPU
Toshiba Satellite Tablet PC Edition 2005
Intel Centrino Mobile Technology
512 MB ram
60 gig Hard drive (partitioned C:\ , E:\ G:\)
Main Windows is in G:\
Applications are in C:\

And happy hoildays everyone :whistling:

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
see what the requirements are for the trial. It may require a previous version of acrobat to qualify for the trial. Also make sure that it doesn't need something like .net framework 2.0.

Also make sure your installing it with administrator privliages and that you have plent of free space left on your hard drive.

Edited by starjax, 24 December 2006 - 06:23 PM.