Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

laptop screen

• Please log in to reply

wooly

wooly

• Pip
  • 1 posts
my laptop screen goes black when I start windows xp . the screen works ok if I enter setup but as soon as windows starts it goes black with faint windows screen in background ,if I donot enter setup I get the computer company logo up and when it starts loading xp the screen goes black. :whistling:

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
well it could be a setting in windows.... have you tried going into safe mode yet? after turning on the computer tap the f8 key till you get a menu.... if it works in safe mode I'd say it is a setting in windows.... if not.. then maybe your inverter is going out or you need to check/adjust your brightness/contrast....

good luck..