Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

spoolsv.exe error

• Please log in to reply

comtecpres

comtecpres

• Pip
  • 2 posts
on boot up i sometimes get

spoolsv.exe appliaction error
the instruction at "0x019212a0" referenced memory at "0x019212a0". The memory could not be read. :tazz:

spoolsv then is dead and can be restarted with "net start spooler" at command prompt but again sometimes crashes

I just updated to sp4 again and all windows updates after minor virus/spyware issue but all appears clean.

Any clues??
( ive followed other simliar issues with clearing all spool temp files, moving spool temp area but no avail.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Have you tried removing then reinstalling the printer driver?

Notice how the instruction is referencing the same memory sapce? That is odd.

comtecpres

comtecpres

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
'fraid so,
only thing left is adobe acrobat,

though i've only deleted the printers, not actually uninstalled printer drivers, couldnt find a way of doing this???

can remove acrobat now though.

Ive tried to reinstall the spoolsv.exe from install files, same old thing.