Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound Card

• Please log in to reply

teddyc

teddyc

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I understand you can record music from your PC using Nero Sound Trax (which i have and works when recording from a cd or deck) but when i try to record via the pc it does not record. I have a Dell with Sigma Tel Audio as default when i doulbe click on the volume icon it shows i do not have a stero mixer is this the problem and do i need another sound card
Thanks
ted

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
The soundcard is not the problem. If you want to record music you've stored on your PC, you must have another destination device to record it to other than your PC. For most of us the device is a CD-writer. You can write music from your PC to a blank CD and when it's completed you can take out the CD and play it in your home or car stereo system. The soundcard doesn't even have a role to play in this process, other than maybe check what the music is before you write it to CD.

Edited by pip22, 21 December 2006 - 01:16 PM.

teddyc

teddyc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

The soundcard is not the problem. If you want to record music you've stored on your PC, you must have another destination device to record it to other than your PC. For most of us the device is a CD-writer. You can write music from your PC to a blank CD and when it's completed you can take out the CD and play it in your home or car stereo system. The soundcard doesn't even have a role to play in this process, other than maybe check what the music is before you write it to CD.

Hi Pip
sorry did not make myself clear is is music that i may be listening to on a web site that does not allow me to save the file in the normal manor ie right click and save as . i know other people who also use the same site that can do it