Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Games causing computer to Reboot

• Please log in to reply

deserttfoxx

deserttfoxx

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi im fairly new so forgive me if this isnt the right section to post this.

I recently built a new computer, made sure to research everything to ensure everything would be compatible, I bought a new motherboard, ram, powersupply and CPU. Ever since i put everything together any demanding 3d game i play will cause my computer to simply reboot after 5-40 minutes.

My computer is fairly high end, so it not that i dont meet the minimum requirements..

CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
Ram - 3gig 533
Mobo - P5B Deluxe
Vid - ATI X1950pro

I cannot for the life of me, figure out what is causing my games to simply reboot. Ive done a full reinstall of windows XP, i uninstalled and reinstalled my drivers using driver cleaner for my video card and sound cards. I went to Asus and updated my bios. I have no idea what else to do, my computer just refuses to play 3d games.

My old MoBo was a pent 4 3ghz 630prescott and it ran both games that are giving me trouble with out a hitch, Both rainbow Six Vegas and Splinter cell double agent. Maybe its something small, maybe its something i did but i really need help. I will include my DxDiag for you guys to look at, and hopefully someone can see what i cannot, i am some what frustrated with not being able to figure this out.

Attached File  DxDiag.txt   54.58KB   120 downloads

Advertisements

Serrik

Serrik

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Often computers, when placed under load (like a demanding 3D game) rebooting could indicate a heat issue.

Might want to use your motherboard software to see what kind of CPU and motherboard temperatures you are getting while running these games.

deserttfoxx

deserttfoxx

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
i am not using a stock fan for my cpu, i have a zalman 7700 alcu installed, which keeps my motherboard and cpu below 40 degrees even under heavy load. My case is also set up for max air flow with a 120mm fan on both the side and the back of the case.

I thought it was a heat issue as well, reason i picked up the Zalman.