Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot access Network Computers

• Please log in to reply

llollipoppi

llollipoppi

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi,

I used to have my laptop and p.c networked with a crossover cable and I could acess my p.c through my laptop but not my lapto through my p.c. This was fine though.

I am now using a bt home hub, my p.c is connected with an ethernet cable and my laptop is wireless, both are accessing the internet.

The problem is I cannot access my p.c files through my laptop vice versa or set up a shared printer.

I have followed all the steps in the how to which is why I am now here, I get this message.

campbellgroup is not accessible you might not have permission to use this network resource. contact administartor of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

list of servers for this workgroup is not currently available.

I am the only person who has ever uses this p.c thus I am the adminstrator, I really am stuck. Both systems are running on win xp.

please help :whistling:

Laurie - Ann

Advertisements

-=blaster=-

-=blaster=-

• PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
When switching from wired to wireless, you need to run the Network Setup Wizard.

Control Panel>Network Setup Wizard.

:whistling:

llollipoppi

llollipoppi

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
yeah i've done all that, follwed the how to guide ion this forum and still nothing,

although i have norton installed and closed down the firewalls, it says zone alarm firewall running, i havent had this installed for about a year, and cant find it on my system! could this be problem?

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Where do you see the message that Zone Alarms is running? Yes, it could cause the problem.

Check Add/Remove Programs. Also browse to c:\program files\Zone Labs (I think) or Zone Alarm. If you find the folder, look inside for a uninstall.exe or similar command.

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
Didn't read the post fully - please ignore or delete this.

Edited by SuperSam, 24 December 2006 - 06:39 PM.