Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem accessing websites

• Please log in to reply

Kalian

Kalian

• PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
Im running on windows xp
3gb of ram
athlon x2 4600+
web browsers: ie6 and flock

Every time i try to open up certain webpages my browser completely shuts down. Whether its random myspace pages or "lapdonline.org". i cant even access the lapd website at all. instead i get a little note on my desktop that reads hs_err_pid1964, hs_err_pid2284, etc.

its a real pita. I've run adaware, and avast antivirus with no luck. if anyone has any idea. Please help.
thanks

Kalian

edit: all of the errors start off the same

An unexpected error has been detected by HotSpot Virtual Machine

and each log file number following pid is different. i.e. hs_err_pid****

Edited by Kalian, 21 December 2006 - 05:54 PM.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
This is a problem with java, or java applets. You can try downloading the latest version from SUN, but it may nof fix your problem. Problems can occur with java versions of P to P programs installed on your computer. Problems can also crop up if you are still using the old microsoft version of java, or have 2 versions of java on your computer. That is where you need to look for a solution to your problem.

SRX660