Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless Network Workgroups/Shared Folders

• Please log in to reply

scozzard

scozzard

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Hey Guys,

I've set up a wireless network connection at my house with a wireless router through a broadband ethernet connection. All laptops can access the wireless network and use the internet etc.

Just trying to set up a work-group with shared folders.

At the moment im trying to establish shared folders between the PC the router is connected to and a laptop. I have set up the same workgroup on each PC with different computer names. On the laptop I can see the PC through the "workgroup computers" but cannot see the laptop through the PC. Also non of the selected shared folders are being displayed.

Any ideas of what might be the problem here? I have heard that it may be something to do with a firewall established through the wireless network but im not sure that this is the case or not.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
Give This tutorial by SpaceCowboy706 a read, it's got just about everything you'd need to know.

scozzard

scozzard

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Awesome cheers mate