Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Unable to reformat

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 2 posts
First off, I'm not very good withComputers, I've been around them my entire life, but I'mnot very good with them, but I am learning.

Now I got this alwful virus on my PC, :help: which I first noticed symptoms about 11 days ago, and a found a suspicious file in my documents, of 0 bytes, created 3 weeks ago, and titled setup ....I cannot delete it, even in safemode.

Symptoms are: #1 PC running slow in general, a few odd error messages, I cannot recall them all, but one was about reporting to AK.Bluestreak.com?

#2 task manager is FUBAR, I cannot see what processes are running, I even lost the "X" in the top right corner, to exit out of it.

here is a screen of what it looks like... http://i32.photobuck...49/Viruspic.jpg

#3 My disk drive is not working, it will not read any disk I put in it, it could be my hardware just stopped working, but it happened at the same time as task manager went FUBAR, so I think its bug related.

the day I found out I had a bug, I tryed to use system restore, but every restore point I tryed, failed, so then I put my GateWay system recovery/Reformat disk in and rebooted, to reformat and start over, but since my disk drive is shot, I can't use it... :blink:

Thats about it, any help would be very appreciated! :whistling:

hmm what else, Nortons and ad-aware still work, although Nortons hasn't cought a single virus, in the many times I have ran it since this started..

oh and system specs...

Model GT5026E, but its from the home shopping network, or something, so its specs area little different, better onboard video chip etc...only mods I have done (well not me, I had a net work guy do it) is a new PSU 490 watts(?) and a 7800GT video card.

dual core 2.8 ghz intel 4 D, (I think)

1 gig of DDR4 (?) ram

not sure about mother board

If I left anything out, just ask me, and again any help would be VERY MUCH appreciated! :)

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you can download things

Try Unlocker from my signature on the errant file

Please follow the procedures outlined here: Malware Removal Guide

You will need a PC which can connect to the internet

Run all the programmes as advised then post a current Hijack This Log in a new topic in the Malware Forum

For the purpose of accurate malware analysis, Hijack This Logs are only dealt with in the Malware Forum. Posting them anywhere else will result in a delayed response

If you are unable to run any of the programmes, please ask for advice in the Malware Forum

How old is the PC

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Yes, the PC is online, I can DL, the computer is 1 year old, I got it last chrismas, and it has since been reformated 2times.

Thanks for the reply, I'll get on it, and I'm sorry if this is the wrong area do have made my thread in.