Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help me please

• Please log in to reply

mufasa560

mufasa560

• Pip
  • 8 posts
hey will someone please help me out here.
heres my problem my volume suddenly stopped working when i got on. i currently had volume to come out of the speakers mounted inside of my monitor. i tried volume with my headset but that did not work either.
ive gone thru the volume adjustments and controls and everyhting seems to be fine.
except that the fact is i can tamper with all volume on all the master voulume so forth but i cannot mess with the balance on pc speaker or microphone it is a shade of white that i cannot move left or right.
All the hardware seems to be set right ive checked my chords behind comp and everything i do not know whats going on here. someone please help me.

Thankyou for your time,
Mufasa560 :whistling:

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi mufasa560...

If you have the correct sound device drivers installed...check the XP sound settings in Contro Panel.
  • Open Control Panel and double-click on the "Sounds and Audio Devices" icon.
  • Under the "Sounds" tab, select "Windows default" in the Sounds Scheme drop down menu.
  • Under the "Audio" tab, make sure that your sound device (intel® integrated audio) is listed in the top two sections...if not, select it from the drop down menu.
  • Under the "Voice" tab, make sure your sound device (intel® integrated audio) is listed in both boxes...if not, select it.
  • Under the "Volume" tab, put a tick in the box to "Place volume icon in the taskbar".
  • Click "Apply" and then "Ok".
Now look down by the clock...is there a little speaker there? If yes, double-click on it and make sure there is not a tick in the box next to "Mute" and that the Volume sliders are all set to at least halfway.

If you make no changes here...let me know.

Reboot...Sound?

mufasa560

mufasa560

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
ok eveyrhting is what i did what you just said up there and i double checked just to make sure. but nope it still dont work.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Click Start, then Run, and type services.msc...click "Ok".

Scroll down the list to Windows Audio. Under "Status", is it Started?

mufasa560

mufasa560

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
yap its started.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Right click on My Computer and choose "Properties". Click the "Hardware" tab, then the "Device Manager" button. Locate you audio device under "Sound, video, and game controllers" and right click on it, and choose "Properties". Under the "General" tab, is the device enabled and is it working properly?

mufasa560

mufasa560

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
yap its working properly this is very strange for some reason the sound wont come out.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Right click the speaker by the clock and choose "Adjust Audio Properties". How do you fine the settings there?

mufasa560

mufasa560

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
those r fine

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Man...this is a strange one.

Do a system restore to just before this happened...like to yesterday. See if that clears it up.

mufasa560

mufasa560

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
whats that how do i do that?

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, click on System Restore. Follow the prompts to restore your machine to yesterday or even the day before.

mufasa560

mufasa560

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
is my comp susposed to restart cauze it didnt and if it didnt it didnt work.
this is very very strange

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hmmmm...

Do you have the Windows XP installation cd?

mufasa560

mufasa560

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
lol you woulnt believe this on my monitor theres 2 buttons that say up and down i pressed up and volume turned up i had to manually do it on the screen for it to work. lol ty for the help tho this website has really good service.