Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

User account missing

• Please log in to reply

hanako

hanako

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm using XP Pro and recently ran into the Trojan Horse Flooder.Ake problem that originated with AVG. Anyway, I uninstalled AVG and can now boot my computer without problem.

However, it seems my default user account is missing. It does not appear on the welcome screen, nor on the "User Accounts" tool in the control panel. I tried this: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/297221, but the account name doesn't even appear on the list. The user folder in Documents & Settings is still there though, with everything in it. There's just no way to log into the user account.

I did some an unsuccessful XP repair a few days ago, maybe it did something. What should I do? Help, please! And thanks!

Advertisements

-=blaster=-

-=blaster=-

• PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
Have you tried to re-create the account?

:whistling:

hanako

hanako

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
^ thanks for the reply.

actually i didn't want to because i was scared it might cause my files to be deleted... but i tried anyway today, while crossing my fingers. and it worked! haha it was so easy... maybe i just get scared for nothing.

well thanks!