Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

D drive disappeared.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

drivenbyfate

drivenbyfate

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I was using a playstation emulator a long time ago, and every time a played a game with it my D icon would disappear from My Computer afterwards. I used system restore to fix it and everything was fine. Well recently my computer got some bad spyware, and I used system restore to again and ran a bunch of spyware/virus scans and removed the problem. The problem though, I restored on to a date where my D drive was erased. So I want to know if there is any way I can get the D drive back without system restoring so that I don't have to run the scans again. When I put a disk in, the computer reads it but auto-play does not pop up, and the D drive icon is not in my computer. Please help!

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Duplicate topic being closed. Original can be found HERE

Edited by Fenor, 22 December 2006 - 08:53 AM.