Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

ehrecvr.exe error

• Please log in to reply

tufflife

tufflife

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I keep getting this "msvidctl system broadcast message receiver :ehrecvr.exe application error message accompanied by " the instruction at "0x23c91bd9 referenced memory at 0x233c91bd9 the memory could not be read" message when I start my computer. Then I get an error message that Windows Media Center has encountered a problem and needs to close. I'm not even starting WinMedctr. up. It must be in the start up list but I don't see it listed there when I go to the startup utilioty manager. If anyone knows how to fix this please advise me. it will be appreciated. Also My system restore feature does not work. It won't ever complete the task no matter what date I try it from. It runs the whole thing and on boot up it always says "System Restore incomplete" I really want that fixed first !! then I can go back. I'm delirious !! AAAAAAAARRRRGHH!!! :tazz:

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Well, I've seen a million error messages over the years, but I have NEVER seen that one. Congrats, a true stumper...

Could you tell me a little bit more about your PC/OS?

Is it windows XP media center edition? What year? Do you have a tv tuner in your computer? What make and model, if not self built?

tufflife

tufflife

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
You're Funny ;) I'm a noob sorry. It's a sony vaio.Running windows XP media center edition 2005. with 1 gig memory. I had just done a full recovery because my my system restore wasn't finishing it's task. no matter what. After the recovery, I went to use Media Center and had to install it for the first time. I did it before, no prob. But, this time I opted to not use the downloadable guide that lauches automatically because I didn't need an extra thing running on start-up. Now I get this message. There is no way to un-install media center because it's part of XP and Now when I just tried to use system restore. It does something totally new to me. It finishes the task and after rebooting the normal screen that used to be ther is not there. It used to say "System Restore Complete" do you want to accept the changes or go back to a different time? Now it finishes but, Without that message. I totally thought that it wasn't working at all. The funny thing is ,is that after I go back to restore after that I see a stampsaying that a restore was performed. I tried to go back to point this morning before installing Daemon tools and when the restore was finished, Daemon tools was still there. I wish I could talk to someone. Sony never has a fix. :tazz:

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
OK, system model number? And, do you know what tv tuner is in that computer (check device manager).

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Please respond to forums, rather than PMs...this helps other people who have the problem (if we ever solve your issue).

When you get the error, Windows offers to send a report to Microsoft. The page it takes you to will sometimes suggest a problem with a certain file...did it do so?

Load event viewer

Start > run > eventvwr.exe

Look for an error that occured (big red X) when your error occurs (or recreate the error)

What does that error message say?

tufflife

tufflife

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
the error message reads -the instruction at "0x23c91bd9 referenced memory at 0x233c91bd9 the memory could not be read" I'll post here from now on, thanks.