Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hide folders ?

• Please log in to reply

Christa

Christa

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
HI,

I would like to know of a preferabbly free software program that will allow me to hide folders / files. Something with a password, in which I would not need to lock the computer log on. I have music files and a phots that I do not want my kids having access to when they use my laptop. Any suggestions ??

Thank you.

Advertisements

Jrenter2

Jrenter2

• PipPipPip
  • 435 posts
Hi Christa,

Here is a pretty good freeware application that you are wanting...Free Hide Folder 1.2

If you need another, let me know. :whistling:

Joe

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
as a note....be VERY carefull with these locking programs....if you lock the wrong folder (i.e. the folder that contains the program) you'll have a hard time reversing the effects...

another SAFER option would be to ZIP the files in a password protected archive...the drawback of this is that you have to unzip the files to use them...a bit inconvenient

Christa

Christa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Thank you !!! :blink:

Seems to be working great. I searched the other day for a program like this, but coudn't find any worth downloading. ie... they were $40. after the trial period ended.
One i did download had no password lock, and when i did finally find the hidden folder the photos were no where to be seen.

Thank you Again.
I wish you all a Blessed Holiday Season. :whistling: