Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Internet applications stuck (seems like WinInet problem)

• Please log in to reply

Vadim

Vadim

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

All of a sudden I am unable to run any WinInet related application in my my IBM Laptop with Windows XP SP2.

My IE 6 with google toolbar and my Firefox 1.5 with Google toolbar don't appear, when I launch the application. Morover, it's sufficient to make a IE icon right click and to open the "Connection settings" tab, when this dialog stucks. In addition, Msn messenger can't connect
However, when I run Firefox wihtout Google toolbar I can use it without a problem. In the investigation I have found that the applications are stucked in wininet InternetGetConnectedState function. (all the application stuck even when I don't have Internet connected). I fact, when I made a sample application with just calling InternetGetConnectedState function it also was stucuked.

I exited Symantic Antivirus and Sygate Firewall. No relief.
My winintet.dll version is 6.0.2900.3020 10/23/2006 (I definetly worked with my computer after 10/23/2006).

Any idea what to do ?

Thanks!!!!!

***Update***

The problem was solved by unistalling the latest KB925454 MS Update.

Edited by Vadim, 22 December 2006 - 10:19 AM.

Advertisements