Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I computer screen & scrolling move very slow, Please Help!

• Please log in to reply

Empion

Empion

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
PLEASE HELP ME PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
Window:XP, Home Edition, SP2(up to date)
Basic Computer Info: Intel Pentium 4, 2.8 GHz, 512 RAM
Antivirus & Antispyware: F-Secure Internet Security 2006(up to date)
Disable things: Firewall & antivirus, antispyware
This happened after i recover my computer, not sure it happened immidietly afterward or not. Now, when i move screens and moving my scroll up and down to look at websites, it move very slowly. TO be clear, I do not have problem downloading anything. Things(moving screen & scrolling) move very slowly. It's annoying.
The following are the thigns I tried: :arrow:
Clean up disk, defragment, delete offline content & cookies, antivirus & spyware scan, make sure not too much files open(even i have only one or two open at a time).
The following are the weird things happened on my computer: :arrow:
When I click Turn Of My Computer, the stand by button is dark, i can't click on it.
When my computer turn on, a screen said
["Smartbridge Alerts: MotiveSB.exe--Entry Point Not Found"
"The procedure entry point GetProcessImgaeFileNameW could not be located in teh dynamuc link library PSAPI.DLL"]
PLEASE HELP ME PLEASE PLEASE
THANK YOU FOR READING

Edited by Empion, 22 December 2006 - 12:29 PM.

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Have you installed the video drivers for your computer? Go to START-->RUN and type devmgmt.msc and click OK. In the new window that appears, are there any items with a yellow ? or ! next to them? List any that do in your next reply.

Fenor

Edited by Fenor, 22 December 2006 - 12:17 PM.

Empion

Empion

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
OMG :whistling: . You're my savior! Yea there is a yellow question mark. Here is what it look like'
[color=#FFFF33]-Other Device
(branching from the top is this)[color=#FFFF33]--Video Controller(VGA Compatible)

What shall I do? Reinstall the device?

Edited by Empion, 22 December 2006 - 12:42 PM.

Empion

Empion

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
I reinstalled. My computer is back to normal now. Thank YOU!!!!!!!!
The slow scrolling and screen thing stop and I can set my computer to stand by now.
Though teh error screen still pop up.
["Smartbridge Alerts: MotiveSB.exe--Entry Point Not Found"
"The procedure entry point GetProcessImgaeFileNameW could not be located in teh dynamuc link library PSAPI.DLL"]
DO you know how ot fix this?

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
MotiveSB is part of the software that is installed when you installed your DSL software. Go to START-->RUN and type msconfig. In the new window that appears, click on the STARTUP tab and in the list that appears, uncheck the box corresponding to MotiveSB. Click APPLY and OK and restart your computer when asked. When your computer has rebooted, you will receive a message saying you are running in selective startup mode. Check the box for do not show me this message again and click OK. You should now no longer be getting that error message.

Fenor

Empion

Empion

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Thanks....i'm extremely thankful...beyond word. I posted my problems on three different help site, and this is the only site that solve my problems quick and easy to understand....the only one too. :whistling: I'm going to recommend this to my friends if they have any computer problem.
I'll never forget this :blink: , Nghia

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Glad we could help you solve your problems. :whistling:

Fenor