Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Transparent Image

• Please log in to reply

Piratesmate

Piratesmate

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
Please excuse me for interrupting.

But I also have a jpg image I am trying to make transparent. I have erased all the white in the background to make the image (a logo in this case) transparent and have tried to save it as png or jif but when I click file save as then the program I am using PSP8 won't let me save it as a transparent file. When I bring it back up in PSP it comes up not being transparent. What's the trick to making an image or logo or anything else transparent if saving it as a jif or png does not work?

It's a raster layer
File
Save as
.png
This pops up:
"Because of the limitations of the file format (and possibly the save options you've selected) the saved file will be limited to a merge image. Would you like to continue?"

I looked up the HELP on saving as a transparency but it does not mention when you receive the save message.

Advertisements

Dragon

Dragon

All Around Computer Nut

• Retired Staff
  • 2,682 posts
Hi Piratesmate
I have a tutorial on this posted on my forums.

tutorial

Hitokage

Hitokage

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
Just so you know, the Home link on your menu, at least on one page, doesn't work. It goes to .htm instead of .html