Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

music and pictures

• Please log in to reply

jae_jae

jae_jae

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
ok so i used be able to put a cd in my computer and this little box would pop up and ask me how to open it ..like with what program or if i wanted to rip it ..ect. ect. i also used to have a thing that would pop up and ask me what program i wanted to open my pictures..but niether one does that anymore. i think im mostly concerned about the music one. so does anyone know what i can do to make it get that pop up first instead of it just picking one? if you could help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi jae_jae!

Open MY COMPUTER and right-click on your cd-rom drive and choose PROPERTIES. In the new window that appears, click on the AUTOPLAY tab. Which one of the radial buttons is selected? Make sure that MUSIC is selected in the drop down box.

Fenor

Edited by Fenor, 22 December 2006 - 02:41 PM.

jae_jae

jae_jae

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
i dont understand. lol i went to my computer and the properties but there is no autoplay tab...

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Did you right-click on the icon related to your cd-rom drive in MY COMPUTER and chose PROPERTIES?

There should be an AUTOPLAY tab, like the following:

Posted Image

Edited by Fenor, 22 December 2006 - 03:01 PM.

jae_jae

jae_jae

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
ok so right now i feel like a complete dumbass b/c those instructions were so clear. my problem is i followed those ..and looked around on the internet and came to the same problem wich is kind of making me mad. i followed the directions many times and i keep getting this stupid box that at the top it says "audio cd E properties" and the only tabs there are : general, hardware, DLA, sharing, and recording. i feel completely stupid but...lol its not working.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You can try this

http://www.softwarep...xp-autorun.html

jae_jae

jae_jae

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
THANK YOU SO MUCH

Edited by jae_jae, 23 December 2006 - 01:39 PM.