Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

problem with swat 4 & all other games

• Please log in to reply

edean37

edean37

• Pip
  • 1 posts
First i just want to say hi to everyone !

Well for starters i am running windows xp

Well this is a weird problem to me, i have games like swat 4 and 18 wheels of steel pedal to the metal. i even have a few games i downloaded like GTA vice city

These games worked perfect on my computer before with no problem at all, until one day i was playing vice city and it just froze. so i restarted, well about 30seconds into the game it froze again, i tried this a few more times and the same thing. well a few days after that i tried to play swat 4, and much to my surprise it froze at the main menu.....it would freeze for about 20 seconds then unfreeze for about 2 seconds then freeze again... well i uninstalled it and reinstalled it and the same thing.

so i just decided to click on anything in the swat 4 game and when it came to, it loaded to the training scene and when the scene loaded it would freeze and unfreeze and the graphics where horrible like everything was like black and you could just make out stuff a little, and there where weird colors thrown in there

well i deleted my 18 wheels of steel pedal to the metal after i beat it awhile ago,, well i wanted to see if it would work so i installed it. well with this game the main page didnt freeze and i was able to make it into the actual game. well i could play the game for like 15 seconds then it would freeze then after about 15 seconds it would unfreeze and i could play it again until it would freeze again

so not any game i try something goes wrong with it

Im not to much of a computer person, but if someone explains it i can do it

I did some reading on some trouble shooting and the said my video card might need updated but i worked perfect before

this is the video card i have NVIDIA GeForce2 MX 100/200

i went to the nvidia site and i downloaded the newest driver...well at least i think i did..

if anyone can help me with this i would Greatly apperciate it..because i had a hernia surgery about 5 days ago and im going nuts without computer games lol

BTW im sorry if i posted this in the wrong section

Thankyou
Erik

Edited by edean37, 22 December 2006 - 06:31 PM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
well I think you may have a heat issue or your video card is failing. Having played swat 4 I can certainly recomend that you invest in a better video card.

I would recomend checking out a program called "speed fan". It will monitor your system and report on fan speeds, heat, and so on.

I would also run a check disk on your hard drive to make sure you don't have any bad sectors on the hdd.