Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computer is not starting

• Please log in to reply

311video

311video

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i am building a new computer, yesterday i got it to boot up until bios mode but it woulnd't load windows it sadi it was checking the system config then would freeze. i took the hard drive out to check if there was a problem with it, and when i but it back in the computer will not even show a picture. and on top of that my old computer is now having issues. however when i checked the hard drive everything was working fine.

the only possible things i can think it might be are the cpu or the motherboard

any ideas???

Advertisements

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Try reseating the video card.

311video

311video

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
i got the video card working, now the computer startsand shows the motherboard logo, but it doesn't go into bios mode

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Even you tried tapping all the F keys a million times?

Usually the commons are F2,F5,F8,F11

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
A intel D101GGCL computer i was building was showing only the intel bios screen until i replaced the HD i was trying to use with another one. As soon as i replaced the drive windows booted up from the cdrom drive as i had left the cd in the drive when changing the HD out. I could'nt figure it out but i did install the same drive on another computer and had to fdisk and format it again.

I had a older intel 865 chipset MB, that was a replacement for a dead one, that was bad itself, even tho i once got into the bios and it later started trying to install windows. I finally had to RMA the board back for a second replacement board.

SRX660