Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cpu processor upgrading

• Please log in to reply

darkcrimson

darkcrimson

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
Hello,
I have a Toshiba SATELLITE 4080XCDT laptop. I know this laptop is pretty old and everything but still, I would want to know if there is an availible processor upgrade for it. thanks!

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
A processor that old is no longer cost effective to upgrade. Plus upgrading laptop are much more difficult then typical desktop upgrades, voids the warranty and you'd probably need a new motherboard, which is nearly impossible to upgrade on laptops. You'd be hard pressed to find something that old on the market, its getting hard to find P4 on the market, yours is a P2 if i read correctly(there's about a 3 year age difference i believe).
My recommendation, save up for something new.
James