Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ALPS TOUCH PAD DOESN'T WORK ANYMORE!

• Please log in to reply

loupicard

loupicard

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a Dell Latitude D600 operating Windows 2000 V5.0 Build 2195 SP4. The ALPS Touch Pad worked at one time now it doesn't. Furthermore in the control panel it shows up under software and will allow me to uninstall the drive. In the Device Manager it does not show up anywhere. In Mouse properties it does not show up there either. The current external mouse I'm using is a Logitech cordless optical with Logitech software. I need my touch pad for when I travel and would like to know how I can reinstall it or find it.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Did you get a CD with just device-drivers and utilities on it when you bought the laptop (as I did)? The Alps Touchpad driver should be on there.

Or you can download the driver from here: (it's under the "Input Device Drivers" sub-menu):
http://support.euro....l...WNT5&osl=EN

Tip: Save the page link as a favourite for future use -- it's got all the drivers you need here. Or download them all and create your own driver backup CD.

Edited by pip22, 23 December 2006 - 07:36 AM.

loupicard

loupicard

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
THANK YOU SO MUCH! HAPPY HOLIDAYS