Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

360 Controller to PC

• Please log in to reply

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
Hello:

I'm seeing many articles online about connecting the 360 controllers to your PC for playing games. I actually discovered this articles after finding the software from the Microsoft website. I downloaded the software, installed it, rebooted the computer, and attached my wireless 360 controller to my PC with the USB recharging adapter. My PC stated that new hardware had been found, but it failed to find a driver for it. I keep reading articles where people comment on how easy it was to get their controller connnected and that Windows found the driver online, etc. My computer is online and is unable to find the driver. I told it to look in a specific location and made the location the folder where the 360 controller software is installed under Program Files. Still no luck.

Have any of you had any luck and if so, what did you do to make it work?

Any and all information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Magus

Advertisements