Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

wireless networking

• Please log in to reply

jeff.1

jeff.1

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

I'm fairly new to computers and have a problem.

I have a desktop running winxp pro (sp2 pack) with wireless router Lynksys wireless-G broadband router and successfully networked it with my laptop also running win xp pro with network adaptor card Lynksys wireless-G adaptor.

It ran fine until a few days ago then started losing the internet connection. It then stopped connecting altogether and came up with the following error:

"Application error - Exception GIFExeception in module 'aviWUSB54GSv2.dll' at 000252AF"

I have several times tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software but it keeps coming up as this same fault.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks
Jeff.1

Advertisements

Chih

Chih

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi Jeff, I have found someone with the similar problem that you are experiencing on the Linksys Forum. Anyway, the Tech that helped him stated that the only thing you should do to help is by changing the channel on your wireless from 6 to 11. See link for the person that has the similar issue.

http://forums.linksy...id=145291#M3099

Hope this helps..!

Chih

jeff.1

jeff.1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi Chih,

I followed the link you gave and it had some very good information there. I shall now work on it and let you know the result.

Thank you for giving me your time.

Regards
Jeff.1