Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet explorer

• Please log in to reply

R2D2

R2D2

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Im using internet explorer 7 and if i am booted into safe mode i can browse just fine. If I boot into normal mode i cannot browse any web sites at all, I get "Page cannot be displayed" and down at the bottom left where it would show the page loading and tell what it was doing it says something about a "DNS Error". In normal mode i have a good IP Address and i can ping fine i just cant browse web sites unless i boot into safe mode with networking. Please help.

Edited by R2D2, 23 December 2006 - 11:19 AM.

Advertisements

R2D2

R2D2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Just tried the winsockxpfix and that didnt fix me, and then i tried the guided winsock repair tool from microsofts support site and that didn't fix my problem either.

Still only able to get on the internet through safe mode with networking.

R2D2

R2D2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
found the problem and fixed it myself. thanks anyways.