Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

opinion on the coolmaster stacker 830 tower case

• Please log in to reply

matthew staton

matthew staton

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
I going to have my budie bulid me a new computer I game alot and do a lot of movies and stuff. What do you guys think of the coolmaster stacker 830 tower case. I think it looks realy cool with blue lights and stuff it will be getting a 1100 watt power supley and a nividia 8800. Is this case a good choice or is it junk.

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
To me it looks like a good overall case. Here is a review on it if you want. Can't believe it weighs 40 pounds, meaning its no flimsy case, if you end up getting this be sure you have a solid desk.
James

Edited by james_8970, 23 December 2006 - 07:02 PM.

matthew staton

matthew staton

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
Thank you I think I get it. I like power and video cards. Sound like this case keep every thing very cool.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Its a fine case, although James you generally keep large towers UNDER your desk. Other cases you could look at are the Antec 900 with the 200mm top fan or the P180, akasa eclipse or 62, kandalf and the armour from thermaltake.

I would hold off on buy a gfx card until the ATIs come out even if they arent better(although they look to be faster than nvidias) they will force down the prices.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts

Its a fine case, although James you generally keep large towers UNDER your desk.

:whistling: True, but generally is the key word, depends on preference. A 40 pounder would defiantly go under the desk. :blink:
I agree with the GPU cards as well, also just a heads up there are rumors circulating that Intel will be dropping their prices significantly in Q1 of 2007, 30-40% depending on models, but whether this is true or not we will see.

Now you got me looking at this case for my own build.....
James