Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Traycomm internet update

• Please log in to reply

hornet_hockey

hornet_hockey

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
Okay, my situation's pretty unique, so listen up:
I have an HP Compaq nc8230. Except, its not mine. the school district gave it to me and I'm the only student in the district to have one. The one problem is, I have little to know access privlages and they turned my Firewall off and I have no anti virus stuff :blink: . So now I am experiencing a error that says "traycomm internet update has encountered a problem and needs to close" after that, It freezes pretty soon after. although it only happens when my centrino is on.

So, I'm pretty much stuck, waiting for my computer to crash. What should I do untill I can get the administrator password, or hold it bay untill then?Sorry for dragging you guys into it, I give up :whistling:

Edited by hornet_hockey, 23 December 2006 - 01:07 PM.

Advertisements

hornet_hockey

hornet_hockey

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Anybody? was i not descriptive enough

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
How soon will you see the people who gave you the PC

Stay offline until you get the firewall and anti virus installed on it

Seems illogical if they gave you an internet capable PC with no firewall and anti virus

hornet_hockey

hornet_hockey

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
I know, doesnt it?
it could be as soon as Monday, or as late as the end of Christmas break; but I'm not sure if the'll give me the admin PW or not

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Does it have a taskbar icon

hornet_hockey

hornet_hockey

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Ive seen it before real quick, than it goes away