Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Want to make my second dvd drive in my pc bootable

• Please log in to reply

dtwazere

dtwazere

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi!

In my computer i have two disk drives, the top one is for cds and is bootable when I turn on my computer. My second is my dvd drive and is not bootable when I turn on my computer.

I need my dvd drive to be bootable as i need to run dvds when I turn on my computer.

I think it may be something to do with the boot sequence or it could meen swapping the two drives around physcially!

But i thought i better post it here to make sure i am doing things right and I am not messing up my computer.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thank you all in advance,

Daniel :whistling:

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi dtwazere...

The best way I know of to do this is to physically swap the drives around. Make sure the DVD drive is jumpered as master and the CD drive is jumpered as slave. Connect the DVD to the end connector of the ribbon and the cd to the center connector.

wannabe1