Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

D:\ is not a valid Win 32 Application

• Please log in to reply

muggsz

muggsz

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Ok Well I just got a new early christmas present my mom took me to the computer store to buy a new computer and I got all these parts

Intel Core2Duo 6600 Processor (2.4GHz)
Intel Series Desktopboard DG965OT
eVGA 7950 512MB KO 16X
Liteon DVD Burner
2GB of Ram 800MHz (Don't know exactly what type they selected that)
250GB HD 7200RPM

If you need any more info tell me but the problem is im on my old gaming computer right now bcuz when i loaded xp on the new comp (i didnt want them to do it) it loaded and installed perfectly i was thinking yes now its on to installing drivers. But when i tried installing the Intel Motherboard drivers (Probably controls network card which probably is why i cant connect to the inet to dl the drivers) it wont work it says D:\ is not a valid Win 32 Application. Well needless to say I was PISSED. so I got my old cd burner and hooked it up to the pc cuz the IDE cable wasnt long enough to set a master or slave so i could only test one at a time. Well once i hooked that up icouldnt get into bios settings becuz my keyboard starts up on NumLock. Well long story short anyone know how to get around this. I dont want to get a usb drive cuz i still wanna use my CD drive so ne HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!!

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi muggsz...

Sounds like a read error. Run through some of the suggestions on This Page.

Let us know if this helps.

wannabe1

muggsz

muggsz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Grr i went there but didnt try anything. But I guess I will try now. Just have to ghetto Hook up my PC in my room.

muggsz

muggsz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Uhmm this stuff is confusing which stuff is the troubleshooting for xp cuz its annoying i gotta read part of it and run back and forth in rooms

muggsz

muggsz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Oki did the thing for windows xp i looked and saw if it said ne errors on my scsi cd drive and it was loaded it said ERROR like a shitload ad it said Cdrom wut do i do now