Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

MS Sync Toy

• Please log in to reply

jimhaynes

jimhaynes

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
I would like to install Microsoft's Sync Toy. The only version is 1.4 for Vista. I am using XP Professional. When I try and install Sync Toy 1.4 I am told I need .NET Framework Version 2.0. When I try and download this I am given only choices for IA64 version, x64 version, and x86 version. Should I try and download and install any of these? Will Sync Toy run on an XP computer?

Advertisements

Mr.Logic

Mr.Logic

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
lol nope unless it says it will work on a XP platform but it looks like its for widows vista so no

Mr.Logic

Mr.Logic

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
ok i look at the microsfot website first things first you should of .net 2.0 framework go to your startmenu and windows update and make sure you ahve all the updates avaiable but driver unless you want them. then click her for a downlaod of it for what it say will work for xp

MS SyncToy V1.4 Direct DL From MS Site

MS SyncToy V1.4 Info From MS Site

jimhaynes

jimhaynes

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
But which version of .NEt Frame Work 2.0 do I install, IA64 version, x64 version, or x86 version?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
x86 is for for 32bit. Microsoft Update should only offer you the correct version

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
Feel free to read this article by microsoft regarding sync toy and windows xp.