Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Cannot connect to internet on desktop, but can using laptop

• Please log in to reply

Reebles

Reebles

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello all,

I need some help here. I cannot connect to IE or Mozilla on my desktop computer.

My laptop can. Both the desktop and laptop are connected to the Belkin router which is connected to the modem, althought the laptop does it wirelessly and the desktop is wired from the router.

My ISP is Earthlink and I have spent over 3 hours today online with them and nothing we have done has worked.

Any advice?

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Why don't you tell us what steps you've already taken with the Earthlink tech so we don't repeat ourselves? You say your browser won't work, but can you still get online? Or are you offline? I assume you have already tried the unplug the modem trick?
Johanna

kser

kser

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have the same problem, can anyone help?

silverbeard

silverbeard

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
We would like to help. As Johanna said tell us what you have already done so we don't cover the same ground.

What OS?
What Security Software is present on the system?
Have you ruled out malware Issues?
What Network Identification does your ISP use?
What CPE (consumer premises equipment) are you using? (modem/router)