Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Zone Alarm Security Suite VS. Norton Internet Security

• Please log in to reply

fastdudez28

fastdudez28

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
Zone Alarm Security Suite or Norton Internet Security what one do you think is better for windows xp

Advertisements

zbd

zbd

• PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
Remove Norton ASAP. It takes over and slows down your computer.
Use only this site to remove.

http://service1.syma...005033108162039

Merry Christmas

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Agreed. ZoneAlarm is miles better. Norton is too intrusive, nowhere near as easy to configure (in fact some settings you simply can't change) and it does indeed slow down your PC both at startup and during use. I prefer to use an integrated "all in one" antivirus and firewall solution and since I got the ZoneAlarm Suite I've been very happy with it.

Edited by pip22, 24 December 2006 - 11:15 AM.

Serrik

Serrik

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Haven't used the zone alarm suite, but I can testify that Norton really sucks.

I'm sure its a potent firewall and antivirus, but firewalls and antivirus software simply should not suck up the system resources and have the overhead that Norton products have.

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
Another vote for Zone Alarm Internet Suite. I had nothing but trouble with Norton. ZA allows my system to idle 10 processes lighter than Norton.