Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

swapping hardware

• Please log in to reply

unboundtrucker

unboundtrucker

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
I have a cd-r/rw drive, and aDVD-117MG dvd rom drive unit, from a compaq presario 6020US. Is there any reason why I can't put one of these in my hp pavilion a335w, so that I can make copies of my cd's. (And have it work properly)? :whistling:

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
No reason at all if they physically fit in the slots, which they should do as all these units, both OEM and retail, are made to exact same dimensions and connectors.

Just make sure you have one set as slave and the other as master (with the jumpers at the back of each drive) if putting them on the same data cable. Doesn't matter which is which, just as long as they are not both set the same.

unboundtrucker

unboundtrucker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Thank-you very much pip22 :whistling: