Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Excel Worksheets Collection

• Please log in to reply

CTaylor2

CTaylor2

• Pip
  • 2 posts
In working with either Excel 2000 or 2003 I can't seem to get to the Worksheets or Sheets objects when specifying any indexed sheets. The VB help example, for instance 'Workbooks("cogs.xls").Worksheets("sheet1").Activate' doesn't work for me. I can get up to ...("sheet1") but a dot "." after provides no pop-up with the other expected objects. It must be something I'm not doing quite right? I've tried putting the code into Forms, Modules, Sheet1, ThisWorkbook but all with the same result. The Excel 2000 is SP3 running in Win2000Pro SP4 and the Excel 2003 is SP1 running in another partition in Win XP Pro SP2. Is there an add-in or hotfix something I'm missing? I'm concentrating on the Excel 2000 with VBA: retail 6.4.8869. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

jasonharrod

jasonharrod

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Have you tried this type of selection?
Sheets("sheet1").Select

CTaylor2

CTaylor2

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Yes, Ive tried that also and it doesn't work for me. I type sheets( and I get the popup OK for the index syntax. So I continue and type "sheet1") then I add the dot "." and get no popup to select anything???