Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

(program not responding) message with IE7

• Please log in to reply

Jim45

Jim45

• PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
Hi again,.............another problem that has been occurring almost daily is, out of nowhere, my computer just "freezes", I guess you could say, and I can't do anything at all, for a few minutes, and then I get the (program not responding) at the top of my window, and the little window that opens up on my screen, and gives me an option to "end now", which I inevitably have to do, and then everything is back to normal........open my browser, and do whatever I was doing until the next time it happens. I've ran adaware and spybot, and all protected with the latest Norton AV,and nothing has come up in that regard.Some google searching seems to indicate this is an IE7 problem, but I don't know, nor do I know a possible solution if it is. Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Just checking Jim -- make sure you're using the finished version of IE7, not a beta or RC version.

Jim45

Jim45

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
Yep, the final version.