Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

File Recovery- VERY IMPORTANT!

• Please log in to reply

ddiddy40

ddiddy40

SPAMMER

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
Hi,

my uncle had some VERY important files on his computer and they were deleted. He told me he has Windows 2000 on his computer (I'm not certain what this is, but I thought it was for servers) I am going out there in a couple of days to try and recover these files. How would I go about recovering these files. I'm not sure if Windows 2000 has a Recycle Bin, but if it does, these files would have been deleted from that too. PLEASE HELP!! I will use any method or third-party software, but I NEED these files!

Advertisements

silverbeard

silverbeard

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
A lot depends on how they were delete. if the files system is intact there are several undelet programs you can find. Check the link in my sig under "File and data Recovery".

ddiddy40

ddiddy40

SPAMMER

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
I found 2 on www.download.com, and was wondering if you knew anything about these.

1.) FreeUndelete

2.) PC Inspector File Recovery 3.0

silverbeard

silverbeard

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
I haven't used them but they are listed HERE along with a good number of other free and shareware programs.

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
Windows 2000 is not for servers.
It does have a recycle bin. If you did not know this why do you say they are emptied from there ?

ddiddy40

ddiddy40

SPAMMER

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
Trust me. The person who deleted the files didn't want them there for a reason , so they made sure they were deleted. Of course, since the I know the person who deleted them, I also know their knowledge of computers and operating systems is VERY basic, so being deleted for them would be emptying the Recycle Bin.

Liza Smith

Liza Smith

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:) Hi

I will also lost my files from my computer. i am so depressed for this because this file is so important for me i am tryed every thing But doesn't get any response

One of my friend suggest me adata recovery software products to recover my deleted files which have lost and it will also provides data recovery services as well

I have also get more sites from this data recovery site
http://www.recoverda...covery-software

So Dont Worry, :)

This is a realy helpful sites.......................... :)

Edited by Liza Smith, 16 May 2008 - 03:33 AM.