Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Battlefield 2 Disk Errors

• Please log in to reply

The Gamer

The Gamer

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi I just purchased BF2 off of Ebay after playing on a set of borrowed disks for a while. I tried to install the game and everything was going fine untill it promped me to insert disk 2. It then promped that the setup cannot continue, please try again from the begining. I contacted the seller after I tried interchanging the borrowed and new disks and had disk 1 replaced. The setup still did not work so I contacted EA and after numerous messages, EA said that is is a defective disk and I should return it. I contacted the seller and refund is possible. But I would rather have the game and have run completly out of ideas.

Thanks,
Tim
CompTIA A+ Certified Professional

Advertisements

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Hello and welcome to G2G!

Have you tried using a different CD drive?
Have you tried changing the the transfer mode of the drive to PIO only mode?
Have you tried manually installing the game? (Link below)

http://support.ea.co...amp;p_topview=1

Edited by ZEUS_GB, 25 December 2006 - 04:39 PM.

-=blaster=-

-=blaster=-

• PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
I had this problem until I did a manual uninstall of Battlefield 2.

:whistling:

The Gamer

The Gamer

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I don't think I need to manually uninstall it because I have tried it on 2 other computers that have never even read the disks before. I tried it with 3 different drives in my computer(CD-RW, DVD Rom, DVD-RW). I emailed the seller and I am going to send it back.

Thanks

jimfred

jimfred

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
listen to blaster thats what youll have to do remove all of the old bf2 files to get it to reload

jimfred

jimfred

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
listen to blaster thats what youll have to do remove all of the old bf2 files to get it to reload

jimfred

jimfred

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

jimfred

jimfred

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

jimfred

jimfred

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
sorry all those popped up something freaked out with the server i guess when i hit reply it hung and then they all popped up sorry